In January 2016, Queensland Government’s Department of Treasury completed a migration from legacy ICT to a state-of-the-art flexible, scalable and on-demand cloud platform with Digital Sense.
Importantly, the risk adverse nature of government, combined with the mission critical services that Treasury provide, created unique challenges to ensure minimal downtime occurring during the transition and that mission critical services were always protected, both during and after the migration.
Queensland Treasury faced many day-to-day challenges that are experienced by large enterprises and government agencies. The flexibility, agility, and time-to-execute of typical ICT systems, means that business requirements move faster than the information technology platforms that support it.
Queensland Treasury faced many challenges that were addressed as key outcomes:
- Migrate away from aging data centre facilities
- Avoid further large hardware CAPEX costs
- Overcome network security limitations and complexities
- Flexibility, scalability, and time-to-provision services
- In-house skills limitations
- Seasonal ICT workloads.
Digital Sense proposed a full cloud solution that included a full active-active, multi-site cloud architecture, and redundant links into government, core network services, and best-of-breed firewall services. Digital Sense proposed its enterprise class cloud platform built on VMWare vCloud Suite, providing full automation and self service capabilities.
Today, Queensland Treasury is operating completely from the Digital Sense cloud platform. They have the ability to scale resources to align with business demand and rapidly respond to new business requests, not only for additional capacity, but as and when it is required.
Deployed in some of Brisbane best ICT facilities, the Digital Sense cloud provides Queensland Treasury with an outsourced ICT model that is dependable and reliable. The data centres are setup in a full active-active state, ensuring that disaster recovery can be initiated in a click of a button.
- Now in state-of-the-art Data Centres
- Completely OPEX paying on usage only
- Ultra-modern highly scalable, flexible network
- Best of breed security and threat prevention
- Flexibility, scalability and time-to-provision services
- Can react to seasonal ICT workloads
- Provide a hot / cold DR site with real-time data replication.